It seems as if I was just shopping for Halloween costumes for my little ones and now we have our Christmas tree up and decorated. Okay, well maybe we put up our tree right after Halloween. Literally, the day after! We started doing this little family tradition soon after we had our first-born. I love bonding with my family and creating memories.
One thing I love about the holidays is all the sweet treats, cookies and cakes! Which brings me to sharing one of my favorite cake recipes. My husband’s grandma shared this recipe with me a few years back. This cake recipe is really easy to make and perfect for any occasion. Plus, this is one recipe you can have your kids help make as well!
The secret ingredient is to use La Lechera Sweetened Condensed Milk, you can find it at Walmart in the baking aisle!
What You Need:
- 1 box of cake mix (I personally love chocolate) along with required ingredients to make it (eggs, oil & water)
- A few bars of your favorite chocolate candy
- 1 14 oz can of La Lechera Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 tub of whipped cream
- Bake cake according to instructions on box.
- Put chocolate candy inside a large slider zipper bag.
- Use a measuring cup to crush the chocolate candy.
- Using the round handle of a wooden spoon, poke holes about 1/2 inch apart over entire surface of warm cake, making sure not to poke all the way to the bottom of the cake.
- Slowly pour sweetened condensed milk all over, allowing the cake to absorb it.
- Allow the cake to cool for at least 15 minutes.
- With a spatula, add the whipped cream.
- Sprinkle the crushed chocolate all over the cake.
Let me know if you like this and share some of your family traditions by commenting below!