This post may contain affiliate links.
I constantly get asked how I curl my hair, the secret to my wavy hair is actually a flat iron! I’ve been thinking about writing a tutorial on how to curl your hair with a straightener and here it is. Honestly, it’s super simple and quick to do once you’ve done it a few times. When I had short hair, this is the same method I used to create loose waves. So it works great for long or short hair.
Easy and fast way to curl your hair with a flat iron.
1. Apply heat protectant to dry hair.
2. Take 1 inch sections and clamp the straighter on the hair. Start at the root and twist away from your face. This will create waves that curl away from your face. I use my Chi flat iron, it heats up fast and I’ve had it for years, I love it. I don’t think they have this exact model but here is a link to a similar one!
3. Slowly run the hair straightener down, if hair slips out just resume where you left off to avoid running the hot flat iron through the same section of hair again.
4. Once there’s about 1 inch of hair left at the tip, release hair. This creates a beachy look.
5. If hair is not too hot, hold the curl up to your head a few seconds. My hair is naturally straight, I like to do this so the curl stays tighter.
6. Once you’re done, run your fingers through your hair and apply hairspray.
Hask recently released their Hawaiian Sea Salt Beach Wave Texture Collection and I received it complimentary!
You guys, the collection smells AMAZING! It’s free of harsh chemicals like sulfates, parabens, phthalates, gluten and artificial colors. You can find it at Ulta Beauty. I’ve been using the Beach Texture Shampoo and Conditioner regulary, my hair is naturally straight, feels so moisturized after using it. The shampoo and conditioner leave my hair feeling healthy and shiny!
They also have a texture spray, although it smells amazing, it’s not for my hair type. I tried it, but it left my hair sticky and heavy.
Pin and try later! ↓
Let me know how it works for you and comment below!